20650 Views | ศูนย์การแพทย์
Our mission is to provide all animals and pets a second chance at living without pain, minimal medication and living well.Our mission is to provide all animals and pets a second chance at living without pain, minimal medication and living well.
iVET Hospital has one of Thailand’s best full-fledged animal rehabilitation centers. With our team of well-trained and experienced practitioners, and comprehensive facilities offering the widest range of physical therapy, we aim to provide your pets with complementary support therapies that enable them to live a pain free and good quality of life.
Physical therapy is very important in combination with the treatment of various symptoms. And is an aid in promoting the treatment to be more effective, such as helping to treat pain after surgery. Muscle promotion and the work of the nervous system to improve as well. The hospital has a veterinary team that has Physical therapy experience with rooms for physical and modern equipment such as Ultrasound, Electrical Stimulation, Laser, Treadmill, Under Water Treadmill, Swimming pool) The gym ball is for pet service.
In general, we use physical therapy to:Reduce pain
= Reduce inflammation
= Reduce swelling
= Normalize the range of motion (range of motion)
= Increases muscle strength
= Animals with balance problems (reduce balance and proprioception).
= Animals with impair function
= Sick animals with poor gait problems
= Sick animals with problems Hypertonicity / hypotonicity of the nervous system
= Sick animals with paralysis problems
= Sick animals with muscle spasm or contraction problems
Physical therapy in pets:
- Heat therapy (Therapeutic Heat) is suitable for chronic inflammatory conditions. Because the heat treatment will cause the affected area to heal With the expansion of blood vessels With improved nerve conduction With improved enzyme activity and metabolism With tissue elasticity And is a good way to reduce pain in chronic conditions Reduces pain due to muscle spasms Fix adhesion Causing the muscles to relax.- Therapeutic Cold is considered the most appropriate physical therapy for acute inflammation. Can reduce edema, reduce pain and stop bleeding, because cold therapy will reduce further inflammatory reactions, reduce swelling and reduce pain. Cold therapy should be done within 72 hours after the injury.
- Therapeutic Ultrasound is a physical therapy that uses the principles of high frequency sound waves. To change to heat energy in the animal body Therefore, ultrasound massage Considered as a type of heat therapy. But gives effect to the tissue that is 2 to 4 centimeters deep under the skin, which will benefit more than a general heat pack Helps to reduce adhesion. Reduces chronic inflammation of muscles, tendons and joints, stimulates wound healing. It also stimulates the healing of fractures.
- There are 2 types of electrotherapy in physical therapy, which are 1. Electrical Stimulation for Pain Control is an electrical stimulation to control pain in a stimulated position. Using the principles of Gate control theory of pain and endogenous opioid 2. Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES) is an electrical stimulation to increase muscle strength. Suitable for disuse atrophy muscles and also stimulates the re-education of the stimulated peripheral nerves.
- Laser therapy is the use of light waves. Appropriate to stimulate mitochrondia and generate energy within the cells Make that cell Self-repair The advantages of lasers compared to ultrasound massage Lasers are suitable for deep tissue, small joints with small amounts of tissue. And suitable for both acute and chronic inflammation Used to reduce pain Reduces inflammation of muscles, tendons and joints, promotes healing of chronic wounds.
- Therapeutic Exercise starts with standing still exercise. There is little movement. To exercise with independent movement Or have extra equipment for exercising Experienced veterinarians will find exercise methods for treatment. To suit the animal Types of illness The cure period of illness And the target muscle that needs healing Because because if there is exercise to Treatment in methods and periods that are inappropriate May cause negative effects such as acute inflammation or new pain Had to stop the next physical therapy Or interfere with the healing of animals, such as physical therapy after fracture correction Exercise too fast May cause the bones to not stick, etc.
- Hydrotherapy is a physical therapy that uses various properties. Of water to help with the movement of the animal Causing animals with weak muscles Or with disorders of the nervous system, the body can move more freely There are more flexions and joints in the water. And still have less force on joints than onshore exercise Also known as Low impact exercise, causing no pain And damage to joints while healing Therefore, at present, physical therapy with this method is popular.
o Indications of hydrotherapy1. chronic or subacute inflammation of the tissue2. Spasms or scar tissue conditions3. Sick animals with degenerative problems4. Sick animals that are rehabilitated after orthopedic surgery5. Sick animals with muscle spasm6. Sick animals that have problems with muscle weakness7. Sick animals with all types of neurological problems